Sufi : No Friendships In Roadies



I’ll always remember the day I got a call for the wildcard entry. I was overwhelmed and decided to be more focussed to prove myself this time round. Somewhere deep down in my heart, I had known that I would get this opportunity because Raghu, the backbone of the show, believed that it’s the performance that matters and since I had the courage and strength that was called for.

My journey in Roadies was unforgettable. Despite being the strongest candidate, I was eliminated. There is nothing like friendship in a reality show as everyone struggles and uses others as steps to reach their own success.

Palak was like a sister, but it was she who eliminated me in order to increase her chances of winning. Nauman was never a friend, but a roommate with whom I shared some emotions.

It really hurts when you put in your heart and soul and get nothing in return. Being a vegetarian, I consumed a shake which contained egg. My co-contestants thought my leg injury would rupture my stamina and strength but were amazed to see my performance in ‘the crocodile and the claw’ task.

Though my good performance became my undoing and I was eliminated, I’m happy that I was the strongest. Nobody had the strength to beat me, so they voted me out.

I’m content that I received the kind of platform I was looking forward to, and gained popularity and a positive image in the industry.

Initially, my family and relatives were against my joining Roadies and left no stone unturned in trying to stop me from going to Mumbai. Nothing deterred me as I was confident that the show would be my golden chance for an acting career and that’s what has happened. I am getting good offers from the small screen.

However, television was never my aim. I have big dreams of becoming a successful actor and feel the audience doesn’t appreciate actors on the small screen as much, so I haven’t accepted any offer.

source:TimesOfIndia.com

2 comments:

  1. i really like u SUFI,i also have an aim like u n looking forward to see a perfect platform.

    ReplyDelete